"It's not about bravery, it's about doing what I need to do to win."

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

3 Months Cancer Free

16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you are finally cancer free. I was diagnosed with lung cancer and am still currently fighting it. I just hope i can kick cancers butt just like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I came across one of Jenna Marbles's videos talking about you so I felt the need to check out this website. Now let me tell you how happy I am for improvement in health. I hope you are able to enjoy the rest of your life cancer free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across you on Jenna Marbles' video too and it touched me deeply. So glad to see now that you're doing well :). Hope you're still enjoying that N64!
    All the way from Scotland - legend!

    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I was watching one of Jenna Marbles videos, & i saw this. This is so sweet, & i'm really sorry. I'm glad to see your doing well and you're cancer free. In 4th grade my best friend actually had leukemia. You guys are kind of dealing with the same problem. Right now we're in 7th grade & she's doing way better. We became really closer. She still has check-ups & stuff but shes alright. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful girl, let me just say that I really feel for you. Not that I have personally experienced cancer, though I have had more than my share of debilitating health problems. For instance, I'm writing this from my bed right now that I've pretty much been confined to after two weeks out of back surgery, but I digress. I lost a very close friend of mine to leukemia 4 years ago... she fought for almost exactly a year and lost 3 months before her 21st birthday. I can only imagine the pain that you are going through and how alone you must feel. People your age should NOT have to go through these things and feel this way. Unfortunately, everyone has their crosses to bear in life, some heavier than others. All you can do is take it one step at a time, and feel very blessed that you have people to help you bear your load. As you walk, you will find more and more people to help lift that cross and will never let it crash back down on you. You have been through things that no one should do through, and at such a young age, it changes you for life. Things that seemed important before are put on the back burner. Only a select group of people will be able to relate to how you're feeling and what you're going through. I know how tough that is... I've had 12 surgeries since I was 18, complete with an ovarian cancer scare. I'll be 25 in September, and my friends still don't seem to understand how hard it is to feel so sick and in pain constantly. I was in the hospital for surgery the same time my friend Amber was, and while texting each other she joked "I know how you feel. We're not in the same boat, but it's like you're in the boat next to me." There are quite a few support groups out there for all kinds of things; my doctor even suggested I go to one, because anyone who hasn't gone through it will never understand. I don't know if you're in one or if you've considered it, but it might be helpful. I've even lost a few "friends" due to the fact that I'm "faking it" or don't always feel like going out because I'm in pain. I know you feel alone, but you're really not, darling. No one is truly alone. Whether it's in real life or on the internet, a lot of people are feeling the way you do. Just remember that life is always going to throw us curveballs; sometimes we strike out, and sometimes we hit a home run. All that matters is how you swing. Congratulations on being three months free. You've been given a gift, sweetheart. Not only can you live out a long and happy life, but you can do it knowing what is truly important. A lot of people never get that. Just keep strong, keep fighting, and keep us posted. I can't wait to see what you do with your life.

    Truly yours,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so strong!
    Love from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I don't know you. But gosh. Your beautiful. And are a strong, strong girl. I admire you and your courage.

    Don't ever forget to smile.
    Love,
    Aly. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're an incredible person and a huge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. there is nothing to say,but keep living life and being yourself. if you ever wonder if you are making an impact with the people around you, just check out your comments :)

    sincerely,
    you new not so secret admirer lol

    LT

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE all the way from Mexico! Hugs and kisses and nothing but best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending love from Canada!! Keep your head up - you are so STRONG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love from New Zealand! I know that's a long way away, but we care! Chin up beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came up on Jenna Marbels video and stay strong your B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish you feel better right now. At that time it was such a change to get used to. And changes are difficult to go by...

    Lots of kisses and best wishes from Spain! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck with your battle girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. also hope you,re enjoying your nintendo games

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!